A Homebuyers Guide to Home Insurance is designed to educate long time homeowners and home buying newbies alike about the ins and outs of home insurance. How much coverage do you really need? Do you know what features of a home negatively affect your rates? Are you in the know about discounts your agent might not be disclosed to you? Here’s your chance to get the inside scoop.
- Before you buy your home, find home features that will save you money on insurance.
- Shop smart and question every feature of coverage.
- Calculate your coverage and see if you are paying too much.
- Are your rates too high? See how your home insurance rate stacks up with regard to your mortgage payment.
- Check the homeowners insurance discounts you should be asking for.
- Understand what you are buying, not all homeowners policies the same, some are offered with actual market value, limited accidental water damage, etc.
- Winning that claim game, how what you got.
Before you buy your home, find home features that will save you money.
- Roof condition and type
- Storm shutters
- Updated electrical system
- Updated Heating and cooling system
- Installed Alarm system, deadbolt locks
- Fire and smoke detectors
- Location of the house makes a big difference in the insurance rate.
- Flood area zone
- Close to a fire department
Seven Homeowners discounts you should be asking for.
- Non smoker discount
- Alarm discount
- Policy Bundle discount
- Deadbolt locks, smoke detector discount
- 55 in age or older discount
- Claim free discount in last 5 years
- New Home Discount
- New roof discount
Remember to shop different companies for rates before you buy. Free no obligation homeowners insurance quotes
Free Home Insurance Quotes, Call Local 713-782-2886 or 800-374-9227