Ways to Lower your Homeowners Insurance Policy
There are many ways to lower your home insurance rate. One by choosing a higher deductible, most people are scared to get higher deductibles in case they have a smaller claim. On the other hand you are giving your money away to the insurance company by choosing lower deductible. Installing alarm system can save you up to 12% of your annual premium. Manitain your home ; keep your house up to date and fix little things as you go before they turn to major problems. Other disounts that may apply;
- 5 Year Claim Free, Do not call in and make small claims under your deductible- review your policy and choices before calling in a claim.
- Get Multi Policy Discounts, Insure your auto, life with the same carrier in order to get multi policy discount.
- Get Monitored Alarm installed, it will almost pay itself off by savinf on your home insurance policy.
- Some companies can get your lower rates for having better credit rating.
- Lower home insurance rates for over 50 years of age.
- Construction type of the house can definitly get you a lower rate.
- Age of the House can also make a difference in your rate.
These are some of the things you can do to lower your home insurance rate, Discounts vary from one company to another, so make sure to shop around and ask your agent for discounts.